Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nigel Kent

Nigel Kent is a fascinating artist. I love the fine detail and the coloring as much as I do his intriguing technique, which you can read more about on his web pages on The Tom of Finland Foundation site. I'm also particularly fond of his subject matter - the Leather and SM scenes. I couldn't find anything else about him. He has no website, I can't find any of his art work on the web at all, except for in the ToF Galleries. It was only in reading his biography on his artist pages at ToF that I realized that he has a much larger body of work than I had imagined, including a paperback book of his art, shown below.

I'm not sure why he doesn't have a website, or why none of his work is available through any other source than the Tom of Finland Galleries. But I think it's a terrible shame. So I'm posting everything I have by him, here. If the reason for the lack is that he hunts down anyone who posts his work and demands that they take it down, you'll know when this post disappears. But until then, I hope you enjoy his art as much as I do.

Note: I put up the largest copies I have of each piece to make it easier to examine his unique technique. Blogger cuts the size down on the copies you see here, but all you have to do is click on the image, and you can see the full sized drawing.


Untitled (Unzip)
by Nigel Kent




Harley Burner 1



Harley Burner 2



Born To Raise Hell



The Artist's Pumped Packet, Two English Rings & Two Motor Oil Stains



Hot, Heavy and Raunchy



Fragmentary Focus



Torso Focus



Head Trip



Yankee Steel Works



Untitled



Heavy, Rough and Ready



Remembering Mapplethorpe - Revisited + Targeted




You can find Nigel Kent's art here:

Tom of Finland's Nigel Kent Pages




Nigel Kent's book:
"Der Mann In Der Kunst, Band 2"
(which I believe translates to
"The Man and His Art, Volume 2.")
You can find copies of it on Amazon here.







Enjoy!


All images © Nigel Kent.
I just admire the art.

No comments: